The Certified Business Broker (CBB) Program
This is a professional certification program tailored to fit the schedules of busy professionals with our 100% online learning platform and multimedia study materials. This platform includes audio interviews with industry experts, instructional videos covering the best practices, fundamentals and insights. Raise your level of business brokerage knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Business Valuation Bluebook: How Successful Entrepreneurs Price, Buy, Sell and Trade Businesses by Chad Simmons (ISBN# 978-1889150550)
- Buying a Business To Secure Your Financial Freedom: Finding and Evaluating the Business That’s Right For Youby Ed Pendarvis (ISBN#978-0071450867)
- Unlocking the Value of Your Business: How to Increase It, Measure It, and Negotiate an Actual Sale Price – Easy Step-by-Step Terms by Tom Horn (ISBN#978-0875210162)
- How to quickly estimate the value of a business
- How to apply more extensive analysis to reach a valuation range that will stand up to scrutiny from sellers, buyers, bankers and CPA’s
- How to handle common objections from sellers and buyers?
- How to prepare a listing agreement for selling a business?
- How to prepare a confidential profile of a business for sale?
- How to differentiate yourself from real estate agents
- How to explain the true, quantifiable differences between big and small business?
- How to understand how buyers and sellers think. What their motivations and fears are, and how to help them as a professional intermediary
- How to communicate with others using industry specific terminology, not just jargon but with knowledge
- How to position yourself as a knowledgeable and capable business broker with employers, and
- How to respond to common questions and objections of buyers and sellers
- How to create an authority position for your firm in the industry, which will bring continuous new clients and co-brokering opportunities
- Business brokerage professionals looking to improve their business brokerage expertise and knowledge
- Students with some professional experience who are looking for continuing education opportunities
- Seasoned professionals looking for professional self-improvement training in business brokerage
- Current business professionals looking to improve their business brokerage knowledge and leverage the changes the business brokerage industry has experienced in the past 10 years
- Employee groups looking to enhance their business brokerage knowledge
- Advance your business brokerage career by raising your level of business brokerage knowledge and increasing your ability to work quickly and effectively. Specialized knowledge is valuable and an asset in our knowledge economy.
- Lifetime access to tools and multimedia training resources found online within the (CBB) Certification Program.
- Speak the business brokerage language – Earning the CBB Designation assures that you can attend conferences, interviews and other networking events while being able to contribute to conversations and understand discussions about current events or trends within the industry. Our program will help you to understand the terms and implement the tactics and tools of leading business brokerage professionals.
- Register for the program and receive login details.
- Purchase and begin reading the textbooks.
- Listen to and watch all the audio and video content in the classroom
- Complete and submit your strategic project.
- Schedule and Pass your exam to earn your certification